This is a Wonderful Winter Warmer...
Slow cooker//5 litre
1 Whole Organic Chicken
2 Maryland pieces or can use 4 Chicken Drumsticks
2 large Sweet potatoes
2 raw Beetroots
2 large Parsnips
2 large Carrots
2 large pieces of Broccoli
Large bowl of Green Beans
1 large onion
3 cloves of garlic
Organic Coconut oil (Loving Earth has a good one)
Organic dehydrated bone broth (Beef) link below of one I recommend
1. Chop root vegetables such as beetroot, sweet potato, beetroot, parsnips, carrots into large chunks and place at the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Rinse whole organic chicken and 2 Maryland pieces (I usually cut the fat off the Maryland pieces only).
3. This step can be skipped if you don’t like ginger but if you do then chop chunky pieces and stuff the chicken with it! About 1/3 cup.
4. Place whole chicken on top of cut up ve
5. Dice onion and garlic and fry off in hot pan with coconut oil. You should only need about 1/2 tspn.
6. You can also fry off the Maryland pieces as this browns them up and gives the dish a beautiful flavour!
7. Add Maryland pieces into slow cooker and place onion and garlic on top of everything.
8. Add about 7 cloves (spice) around the chicken.
9. In a separate cup, place 1 flat tspn of the dehydrated bone broth and ½ cup of hot water. Stir really well and then pour all over the chicken.
10. Add peppercorns or crack pepper all over/place fresh rosemary on top of chicken.
TIP- don’t add salt at all. The bone broth has plenty to flavour. You can add to taste once you individually serve it up to eat!
11. Place the lid on and set slow cooker on LOW for 8 hours!
Lastly 12. Chop up broccoli, green beans and mushrooms and store in fridge. You will want to add these at the 7th hour! If you do it any earlier they will be mushy and horrible. Set a timer on your phone so you don’t forget to add. You can always steam them and add later if you miss it!
AFTER 8 HOURS ENJOY! There will be enough liquid to add to a side of mashed sweet potato or rice if you want to bulk it up a little! ENJOY! Makes roughly 10 portions! Place portions into glass containers and store in fridge for 3 days and freezer for 2 months.